Watch Free UFC 209 HD Live Streaming
“Jacare” will take on Tim Boetsch at UFC 208 on Feb. 11 in Brooklyn, UFC officials told Newsday. Souza’s manager Gilberto Faria posted a mock Craigslist ad Thursday on Instagram, seeking a 185-pound opponent for his client.
Souza (23-4, 1 NC) was originally supposed to fight Luke Rockhold in a top contender bout back in November, but Rockhold withdrew due to injury and “Jacare” was also pulled from the card. The Brazilian jiu-jitsu ace weighed in at UFC 205 in New York as a back-up in case another middleweight pulled out, but did not compete. Souza, 37, has just one loss in his last 10 fights and it was a razor-close split decision against Yoel Romero at UFC 194 in December 2015.
Boetsch (20-10) has won two straight, including a first-round knockout of Rafael Natal at UFC 205 in November. Win or lose, his last seven fights have ended in a finish. Boetsch, 35, is a grizzled veteran whose pro career dates back more than a decade.
UFC 208 is headlined by an inaugural women’s featherweight title fight between former bantamweight champion Holly Holm and Germaine de Randamie. Also on the card, Travis Browne meets Derrick Lewis and Dustin Poirier faces Jim Miller. No co-main event has been made official.
Date: February 11, 2017
Venue: Barclays Center
Location: Brooklyn, New York
UFC 208 Fight Card
- Holly Holm (10-2) vs. Germaine de Randamie (7-3)*
- Ronald “Jacare” Souza (23-4, 1 NC) vs. Tim Boetsch (20-10)
- Glover Teixeira (25-5) vs. Jared Cannonier (9-1)
- Derrick Lewis (17-4) vs. Travis Browne (18-5-1)
- Ian McCall (13-5-1) vs. Neil Seery (16-12)
- Ryan LaFlare (12-1) vs. Roan Carneiro (21-10)
- Randy Brown (9-1) vs. George Sullivan (17-5-0, 1NC)
- Marcin Tybura (14-2) vs. Luis Henrique (10-2, 1NC)
- Nik Lentz (29-7-2, 1NC) vs. Islam Makhachev (13-1)
- Wilson Reis (21-6) vs. Ulka Sasaki (19-3-2)
- Dustin Poirier (20-5) vs. Jim Miller (29-8, 1NC)
- Gilbert Burns (11-2) vs. Paul Felder (12-3)
- Phillipe Nover (11-7-1) vs. Rick Glenn (18-4-1)
You can Watch UFC 209 live streaming here: